add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Blockishsky

63 months ago

This is a build I was planning on making to start me into the world of building computers. I was hoping I would be able to get a more experienced builder's opinion on this small build and see if there is anything I am missing or if there is a way to lower price to $500.

Thanks everyone, Blockishsky

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Blockishsky/saved/sf9RsY

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I would switch out the graphics card for a gtx 750 or if you are buying the parts really soon a powercolor r9 270 i tried to give the link but it wouldnt work. they are currently similarly priced and offer better performance. If lowering the price is the most important thing for you id ditch the SSD, but only if you really want to lower the cost.Also you could change out the HDD for a western digital caviar blue 1TB for $50

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

The part with case though is that this case has integrated power and a neat system on the inside. The ssd is for putting games directly onto to speed them up. Pulling the price down isn't a huge issue.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah i rethought about it and thats probably for the best so ignore that. Usually you wouldnt want a case with a power supply but the Hadron actually comes with a fantastic power supply so you should definitly keep it and i edited my comment to say maybe switch out the HDD for a cheaper western digital caviar blue itll perform pretty much the same id imagine as its the same speed but its cheaper.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd spend less on storage and more on the other components. Also like Ksongs said I wouldn't get that GPU. A R9 270 or better.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I swapped out the gt 740 for a gtx 750. Also I swapped out the hard drive.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

A 270 outperforms the 750Ti which is the card above the card you chose. So it goes 750, 750Ti, R7 265, then a 270.

After rebates $100 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr92702gbd5tdheoc

After rebates $130 http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-r9270dc2oc2gd5

Simply put your putting your budget in all the wrong places with $700 I'd build this. This in every way outperforms your build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor $174.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard ASRock B85M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard $77.78 @ SuperBiiz
Memory A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $54.95 @ SuperBiiz
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 285 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card $174.99 @ NCIX US
Case EVGA Hadron Mini ITX Tower Case w/500W Power Supply $101.98 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $709.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-16 16:10 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube