add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Your opinion and critics on my Fitst Gaming PC build. Thanks.

Vlaw

63 months ago

Dear Members,

I am totally new to this world and I have tried to create a hypothetical PC build for a purchase in the following weeks. I would be very grateful if you could give me some advices.

*My goal and expectations

I will mainly play World of Warcraft. I know the game is not really demanding regarding performances but I pay great attention to graphic and sound quality (I have what it takes for audio). Therefore, I want to play WOW with maximum graphics set without any problem. I might also want to buy in the future strategy games such as Civilization series games or Europa Universalis series games. Also, I might want to buy RPG games. However, I am not a fan of FPS for example and I don' intend to play those types of games.

Overall, I am far from being a hardcore gamer. However, it has been years that I have stoped PC games and I finally reached a period in my life when I can spend the money and the time to play again. But I really want, first, to enjoy great graphics and sound and, secondly, to have components that will still be able to display games with satisfying good graphics in the followings years. This explains why my choices have been on components that seem a little bit too much for WOW.

In addition to gaming I will use my computer for scientific calculations (Matlab and other software for engineering). But this computer will not be my main "engineering" computer.

Concerning the components. I don't plan to do overclocking or SLI. I have selected a 850 W PSU to make room for potential future additions. My choice of a rather high end CPU compared to what WOW needs has been made considering that I might also play Strategy Games.

My budget is between 1000 and 1500 dollars (the PC build I have linked here includes a monitor that will be a gift for Christmas so the final total price of my PC build is still consistent with my price range).

*My questions

According to pcpartpicker no problem of compatibility has been found. Can I rely on this conclusion?

If you spot any components that is too pricy for the use I will make of it I would be thankful if you could give some guidance and alternative propositions.

One of the main problem I always had with my former computers is the overheating problem. I really want to avoid this problem. According to you, is my PC build equipped with what it takes to prevent this complication?

*Here is the link to my PC build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vlaw/saved/HTCMnQ

I would be very thankful if you could give me some advices with this first try and I will happily give you more information if you require it.

Best,

P.S. : Sorry if I made some language mistakes. English is not my native tongue.

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube