add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First $600 to $650 Budget Gaming PC, take a look.

ALINOjigz

62 months ago

This is my first pc build that i will primarily use for gaming. My budget is about $600 but i dont mind spending slightly more but I would prefer it to keep it 600$ or less.

I have read up on all of the items on this build and they all seem to be pretty positive but I just wanted to post this so I can get your guys's opinion.

If anyone can point out any incompatibilities that pcpartpicker did not detect that would be greatly appreciated. Is my psu wattage sufficient for this build and will there be anything that could potentially bottleneck my GPU?

Here is the build below, or just click the permalink: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ALINOjigz/saved/YwhYcf

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 750k 3.4 GHz

RAM: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600

Mobo: MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+

Hardrive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hardrive

Graphics: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

PSU: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

Mouse: Cobra E-3lue Wired Optical Mouse

Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

Oh and one more thing, what exactly is the difference between modems and routers? What is the device that actually connects you to the internet if you were using a desktop, would it be a network adapter or what? Im am outright confused in that field. We have another computer in my home that i guess has a modem and or a router. I got cable and my ISP is AT&T.

For me to get on the internet with the PC im using right now, i have to connect an ethernet cable from a laptop to my PC. So in my case when i do make this budget build what would i need to connect to the internet without having to use my laptop and ethernet cable as a crutch? Would it just be a network adapter that you put on your mobo or would i need another modem/router? Any clarification would be extremely appreciated.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/phWTt6 This is based on my personal, current build , everything is ready out of box, has plenty of cooling and there are no bottlenecks and can be overclocked.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Your modem is what is accesses the internet directly from your ISP. It's the device that interrupts the bandwidth/signal. Your router is meant to connect multiple devices to the modem and or add a wifi function from the modem. Some modems can do all these jobs and I think they are called gateways...I think, but TBH it'd be better if you google for a more detailed explanation. Plus it'd come from a more reliable and intelligent source. I'm kind of a dummy.

If your using a wifi router then all you'd need to connect it is a wifi capable device and the routers key. AKA the password which allows you to connect to said device if it's pass code protected...as it should be.

Routers have multiple lanes/channels for wireless devices. A single router could connect dozens of devices.

A simple wifi network adapter is all that would be needed. Some mobo's come with adapters built in and other don't. If your mobo doesn't have built in wifi then all you need is a usb or a PCI wifi network adapter. Any more question and feel free to google.....

As for your build. As long as your not in need of an OS I'd say this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor $132.98 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard $64.99 @ Newegg
Memory A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card $249.99 @ Newegg
Case Corsair SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case $39.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $34.99 @ Newegg
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-G300LX 802.11b/g PCI Wi-Fi Adapter $8.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $651.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-16 23:41 EST-0500

If you need an operating system then finagle things so that it can fit your budget.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

well ther

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube