add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1200 ish gaming pc first time builder just switching over from consoles Opinions Wanted !!

GrimReaper1569

63 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7NKVbv So I have been researching a bit and came up with this list of part ignoring the peripherals (monitor and keyboard / mouse combo) the build sits around $1150 so I'm slightly over budget was aiming for $1000 but I can splurge a bit. Also there is no hdd included because I already have 2 western digital caviar blue 500 gb hard drive that I salvaged from an old pc I'd love you guys opinions on this build plz comment anything that you would change / replace

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

For your budget, I'd go Intel i5 with a z97 board. The reason is that z97 supports much newer technology and the i5 will beat any amd in games, plus the minimum frame rate in most games is usually higher, so it improves smoothness of play. You can also consider dropping down to a single 970 Nvidia gpu instead of dual 290s... The reason is that it performs much better than a single 290, is more efficient, and is overkill for that monitor as it is... A crossfire 290 setup is WAY more than you need to max out any game at even much higher resolution than that monitor can handle. I'd save the cash on that and get a second 970 later down the road if you ever upgrade to multiple monitor gaming or 4k. It's just simply not needed for now.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

For the record though, what you have will work phenomenally. Only your monitor is really holding you back... If you could afford it, I'd strongly recommend a 27" 1440p monitor or 1600p if the price is low enough, which you will easily max out also

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jP2MmG Its cheaper, better cpu, its not dual gpu becuase 1. I couldn't fit it in your budget and 2. It is not needed to play at 1080p on ultra and 3. It uses a lot less power than the r9 290's. Everything will fit in the case and it has enough for aleast for 2 gtx 970's . It has plenty of airflow and good enough cpu cooling.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube