add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

my first build . opinions wanted

AnarchicPerfection

63 months ago

this is what i've made so far.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/AnarchicPerfection/saved/bvWKHx

any suggestions on how i can cut more cost? appreciate the help :)

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheaper PC case is all I can recommend :P

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Cheaper SSD, the Sandisk Ultra II, Crucial M500 and MX100 are all good drives and about $20 less.

After that depends what it's for, do you need an 8 core cpu? If it is just gaming then could drop the CPU to the 6 core version with no noticeable difference to performance.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Sandisk Ultra II is very good. thanks for the suggestion .

my main focus is gaming but i want it to be good for doing other stuff too.

i have a further question. is it worth it to go for intel cpu and change the mobo to better optimize for the future?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends what you think you might need in the future, an Intel I5 will beat any AMD chip for just gaming. But if you were to start using an application that uses 8 cores (video editing, rendering, etc) then the 8 core AMD chip would be better.

An I7 would still beat the AMD chip, but then we'd be talking quite a bit of extra cost.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm seriously considering intel but an I5 cpu with mobo is around $300 as opposed to my build which is $215. do you think that's worth it?

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

You can do it cheaper than that, this one cannot be overclocked so the included Intel cooler will do the job. In my opinion, yes it is worth it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $179.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI H97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $89.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $269.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-17 13:35 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube