add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first build opinions please

codydoc

62 months ago

This will be my first build. This is going to be my early Christmas gift from my parents/grandparents and I was given a $600 budget to work with. I'll be ordering all this in 2 weeks on black friday/cyber monday. I really wanted to get into computer gaming and play games like Alien: Isolation and CSGO with my friends. Please tell me what you think and what I might be able to improve upon while sticking to the budget.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zmn4Jx

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

As is, everything should be fine. I would check MSI's website on the motherboard you have, and make sure there is a BIOS update available for your chipset. You can drop the aftermarket thermal paste, as the stock cooler for the FX 6300 comes with some.(Dunno if it's preapplied or not, but it will come with some).

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I've already asked PCPP's community the other day about the BIOS update and was told that the motherboard is plenty new enough that it won't need an update. As for the thermal paste, I read that the higher quality thermal paste used the longer the CPU will last. I intend on having this computer for a good 4-6 years lol.

Thanks for the advice, though. :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that'll work perfectly for cs go.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

What about LoL and Tomb Raider, Pay Day 2 etc? Would I get good FPS on them as well with high settings?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Tomb raider would use normal settings, lol would run maxed 1080p.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a lot. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube