add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for opinions on this under $1500 1080p gaming PC

Splitty

62 months ago

My goals with this build is to have something be able to run all current games on max settings while also being future proof for a few years to come. I also try to get the best bang for buck (price per performance) on each and every item.

Please let me know if I've overlooked something along the way or if this truly is the best bang for buck PC for under $1500?

Thanks for your time and opinions!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rdRtrH

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad at all! If you don't have an OS already you need to get one (: Also, your GPU is going to be a very tight squeeze into that case. Giga makes some GIANT cards but they have some of the best coolers. My personal favorite for the $350 price range would be the MSI Gaming gtx 970

If I remember, newegg may still have some optical drives on sale for really cheap (less than $20) if you would like to get one but its not needed if you are doing all digital stuff (ex: Steam)

I don't really know much about that motherboard but it seems to be pretty good for a budget (:

EDIT: Nice ram as well! Good job on that combo deal (:

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yVjMmG Its a X99 build, its very future proof, theres room for aleast 2 gtx 970's and it has a 6 core i7 and decent cooling and is plenty powerful enough for gaming at 1080p

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That would work really well (: my only thought is $135 for 8GB of ram is a bit much o: you can get 16GB of ram for that price (though it wouldn't be 2133)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Its DDR4 ram, its actually was the cheapest one that didn't look plain and you dont need more than 8gb for gaming currently and if you do you can always buy some buy later on

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

OH my bad, I didn't notice that. I'm not to knowledgeable with types of memory. Heck, I think i'm going to research that to see If it would be something I'll be interesting in getting later on (: thanks!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube