add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
GMSkaldak

63 months ago

EDIT: 12/03/2014

Build is finished!

---------------END EDIT---------------

EDIT: 11/20/2014

I have modified the build slightly to include a different case, different RAM and a different MOBO, and surprisingly, it's cheaper :D

Build Revision: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/GMSkaldak/saved/RzFYcf

---------------END EDIT---------------

Going to use this rig for school/everyday use, and some light to mid gaming. SSD should hold me over until I get a dedicated HDD for storage. Also plan on getting a GTX 750 Ti and a better CPU cooler once I get some more funds. CPU should OC to ~4.2 Ghz with the stock cooler. Any comments or suggestions?

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn't recommend the ram you've got.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, any specific reason? And do you have a recommendation for a replacement?

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, get some crucial ram, or corsair. I remember hearing about that ram getting lousy reviews,mans one of my friends ordered the ram and his pc wouldn't boot when he installed it. My conclusion was Team Zeus sucks.

But then again this is only some dude on the forms opinion, so if you think that will be best for you, go for it!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, I'll take it into consideration, thanks!

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your suggestion. I've edited the build to include a better PSU. Are there any good GPUs or other parts you could recommend?

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thanks for letting me know about the thermal paste. I left the video card out because I want to upgrade as I get the money. As far as games go, I'll mainly be playing TF2, HL2: Deathmatch, Quake Live, and a few others, nothing huge like BF4, so hopefully the SSD will last a while; I'll mainly be using MS office for school, so nothing that will take up a huge amount of space lol.

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright. I do plan on getting a GTX 750 Ti, but by the time I get around to it, it may be outdated, so that might change haha.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube