add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need advices for gaming build PC

ericyang

62 months ago

Hi All,

This is my first time to build a computer. I want to play ultra setting for all the recent new games. Any good advices for my build? Thanks!

CPU Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core CPU Cooler Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid Motherboard Asus Z77-A ATX LGA1155 Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" SSD
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Case Corsair 600T White Graphite ATX Mid Tower Power Supply Corsair 860W ATX12V / EPS12V Optical Drive Samsung SH-222BB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Your build is overkill for gaming. Well over $1000 for the singular purpose of gaming. If you got money like that then by all means.

i7 isn't needed for gaming the 780's are still expensive and are now dated due to the newer generation of cards. 16gb isn't need for gaming. 860w PSU isn't need even for some SLI configurations.

Again if you got the money go ahead, but it's simply not needed for a excellent gaming experience.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your advices. First I prefer good video card for better game experience, what do you suggest for video card then?

And the reason I choose i7 and 16gb is that I'm afraid that if they aren't good enough, may pull down the whole performance, or even led overheat and hurt the whole computer.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

For as much as a 780 you can get a 970 which kills the 780. Or for about $100 less then either get a 290 which comes pretty close to their performance.

"And the reason I choose i7 and 16gb is that I'm afraid that if they aren't good enough, may pull down the whole performance, or even led overheat and hurt the whole computer."

Not an issue. For gaming an i5 with 8gb of RAM will be more than enough to deal with any game out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube