add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinion and suggestion wanted on my first Gaming PC Build (1200-1300$)

Benjithebanjo

62 months ago

Here's my build. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Benjithebanjo/saved/D2kbt6 It is the first one I'm trying to do, does everything seems to be able to work together? I'm looking for a 1200$-1300$ gaming pc, able to run the latest FPS and RTS like COH2 Ardenne assault or The division, who is coming soon...Feel free to comment and suggest what i can improve.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

gtx 970 is the card to get atm tho if you have the budget, you can do if you shuffle a few things around without hurting performance very much.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review

You prolly don't really need 12gig of such quick ram, 8gig of regular 1600/9 cas is ok for most gaming builds

Cooler master hyper 212 evo is the standard budget cooler pick, it's temps are only a couple of degrees away from the top rated air coolers (noctua d14 at the time)

840 pro isn't really great value, you can get really close performance for ~$45 less, (as per newegg) read/write spec for the 840 pro is 540/520 pny xlr8 is 500/475, near enough that you won't be able to tell the difference I would think

That lets you add a asus strix 970, dunno if that's actually the top brand as I've not read any group test/round-up but it's a popular model I see a lot of people wanna use

I usually steer clear of the majority of corsair psus, most of them are made by a firm called cwt these days and they don't really have a stellar rep, they also tend to test their units at a lower temp which puts less strain on it & makes it easier to pass the tests...

Seasonic are my go to pus brand, they actually used to make a bunch of the highly rated corsair units back in the day so since corsair moved on I just tend to follow them around, they do tend to cost a little more but they're generally awesome, gold rated saves you money in the long run via a cheaper electricity bill & it's better for your components

550w seasonic g series review http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=373

You could save ~$30 with a regular wd blue/green hdd, blacks are not really worth it when you have a ssd imo, every hdd's gonna feel slow next to of of them.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $229.94 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $118.98 @ SuperBiiz
Memory Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Blue 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $67.99 @ Newegg
Storage PNY XLR8 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $94.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $82.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card $347.99 @ Directron
Case Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply SeaSonic G 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $74.99 @ Amazon
Optical Drive LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer $19.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $88.98 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $38.88 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1265.67
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-18 22:29 EST-0500
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube