add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Carbide Air 540 (EATX and 3.5" drive compatability)

ArkN7

61 months ago

Hi folks.

I'm interested in the Air 540 for an upcoming build, housing an EATX mobo, as well as a couple 3.5" HDDs in the hot swap bays at the bottom.

My concern is clearance between the board and the drives. I've looked through quite a few completed builds here, as well as through some Google searching, and haven't really found many builds containing an EATX spec. The builds I've seen with ATX boards show just a smidgen of clearance between them and the HDDs in the drive bays, so I'm doubting weather an EATX board would be feasible in the case, without rubbing up against the drives, or preventing them from being installed at all.

Of course, it's difficult to tell from the pictures. I just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row before committing to anything.

Thanks for any advice that you can offer.

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 3 points

EATX and ATX have the same length - it's just the width that's longer (usually to account for more RAM slots, among other things). So there shouldn't be any problems with the HDDs.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, duh.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Jason UK is right. It'll all be fine, you just might cover some of the grommets for cable management. Great choice on the case. I have it and I love it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube