add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this worth the upgrade $2000 to $3500? PLEASE LOOK!

Never_Fall

62 months ago

I want to do intense gaming (far cry 4, battle field 4. etc), at max settings. I was trying to make a base line 4K rig, so it would make it so that I could play any game at 1080p at max settings. I will also be putting CAD software which requires a powerful GPU/ CPU. PS: This would be my first build, at age 16! Also I know this i overkill, but lets be honest look at the new games coming out. And tell m you won't need this much power by next year.

I at least need this: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Never_Fall/saved/RXHnTW

Dream computer (extra stuff): http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Never_Fall/saved/CnGdnQ

Now I know really the only difference is extra stuff (monitor, keyboard, ex) I currently have a monitor, mouse, and key broad. But they are pretty old, and the kind of stuff you get when you but a dell home desk top. The big thing that I added to the build list was a second GPU. I don't even have $200 bucks yet, so I am going to be saving up for a while no matter what. I really just want other peoples opines are. I really don't know if having a second GPU, more memory, and accessories is really worth that much extra money...

I would honestly save up for either one though.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The first one is plenty. A 980 will easily max out anything at 1080P and most things at 1440P. If you are doing CAD and want to spend a little bit more, I'd suggest an upgrade to the 5820k, as more cores are going to give you better CAD performance.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Would I suffer in game performance?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you plan on doing only 1080P, even a single 980 is excessive. So no, you won't even notice a difference between 1 and 2 980s at 1080P, much less see performance drops.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

What about if I switched to a i7-5820K?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I suggested, right? Or did I accidentally type 5930k? But the 5820k is what I would recommend.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also do you think having a good monitor, headset, mouse, and keyboard is worth the extra money?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

A good monitor is always a good choice. Headphones are up to you and Keyboard and mouse are the same

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The monitor for sure, the others to a lesser extent.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I will also be putting CAD software which requires a powerful GPU/ CPU.

Alright, good on RAM, CPU, GPU.

Watercooling may be a tad bit overkill unless you plan on heavily overclocking

Don't really see a reason for a fan controller

I'd swap the HDD for a WD Blue, save some cash

why a $350 board? Could get a cheaper one and not really change much in terms of performance.

but lets be honest look at the new games coming out.

how many of them are actually going to get decent PC ports? Pretty sure things like Star Citizen will run real nice on a GTX980 anyways (hell, my GTX660 still does pretty well on current builds)..

If you wanna go the 2011-3 route like asesnic suggested, you could take a look at this and edit to your liking: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/TehGuy/saved/NJCCmG (like you could probably lop off one of those 4 x 4GB sets)

Just something I threw together for the lulz as I dreamed of what I wanted to build

AS for keyboard and mouse.. I quite like the Corsair K70 kb and M65 mouse as well as the Steelseries mousepad it sits on :p

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube