add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which build is best for WoW and some CS:GO?

eric92

63 months ago

I'm looking to build a PC for as close to 500 as I can get and this is what I could come up with so far.

The only difference is the Mobo and the CPU's. Build 1 has a Pentium G3258 and Build 2 has a FX 6300.

Build 1

Build 2

All opinions on the builds or changes to be made are welcome!

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

IDK???

The G3258 is a little spark plug of a CPU especially OC'd. I know it can out perform the Athalon's (Austin Evans did a vid, youtube it if your curious and plenty of articles as well), but I don't know how it performs against the 6 core.

The 6 core might bet the better option if you have no plans to upgrade, where as the g3258's 1150 socket is used by the i5's and i7's so there is a vast upgrade path that the AMD socket simply doesn't have.

So I say if you want upgrade potential then the g3258, if not and what your getting is what you'll do with then the AMD build.

I tweaked your AMD build a little tell me what you think... http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GkCYbv

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I really like the changes you made to the AMD build. Looks fantastic. This is for a friend and he most likely won't be upgrading his PC at any point so I'm leaning towards the AMD build. Thank you!

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD BUILD IS FASTER

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube