add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Miss Alice's PC - Need Feedback =)

MissAlice

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MissAlice/saved/zyVLrH

Hello Everyone,

My friend recently got me into PC games, such as LOL and various MMORPGs, so with the holidays coming up, I thought that I would try and build my own gaming PC.

I am on a budget of about $1000.00, but would prefer to reduce the total cost a bit if possible by choosing different parts.

Also, I would also like to know if I could keep the current graphics card, MSI GTX N760 2GB TWIN FROZR, and still be able to build a decent PC with a lower budget of about $500.00 or so, excluding the cost of the card.

But for the moment, can someone tell me if my current parts selection is good or not?

Thank you! =)

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you tell us the specific MMORPGs, we can tailor the build and cut down on prices by a lot, probably.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello, I usually play a little WOW here and there, and various games like Dragon Nest or Fiesta if you are familiar with them. Thank you! ;)

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Just to give you an idea, because it seems like you might not really know what those games actually take, you can save yourself a LOT of money. WOW is easily the most demanding of all the games you've listed, so you could play all your games quite nicely with the following budget build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-7850K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor $149.99 @ Directron
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $42.49 @ Newegg
Memory Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory $74.99 @ Newegg
Storage Seagate Barracuda 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $32.49 @ Amazon
Case Antec VSK-3000 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $24.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $22.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer $13.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $361.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-19 23:24 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Your max budget build is fine. I could skim a few buck here and there with the sole purpose of sneaking in a monster of a GPU http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Y7wBxr like that! Or lower it's enthusiast features and you'd end up with something like this. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kH3xWZ

One suggestion on the MSI 760 though is to hold off on purchase it can normally be had around $180 or less. over $200 is kind of high IMO.

There are even lower budget options which are still good value and more than capable of tackling today's games. I could make up one if your interested. Something built around a AMD 6 or 8 core CPU.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi! Thanks for replying! I'll take your suggestions and go scrap together some more builds and see what I get. I might wait for the price to go down or get another card.

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

The build you have is great, but if you want to be able to run those games near maxed or maxed out then consider SLIing you graphics card.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi, what do you mean by SLling my graphics card? Thanks! :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

He means using multi graphics cards.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, thank you very much for the clarification!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No...just no.

A 760 can run demanding games at 1080p ultra with fair framerates. Something like WoW Dota2 or LoL and similar games and a single 760 is more than capable of maxing them out at 1080p with a consistent 60FPS or higher.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I see, thank you! i will take a look at the overall build and ask my friends! =p

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube