add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PSU Suggestion for this gaming system

mxvz
  • 65 months ago

Hey there, I recently finished building this system: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/BjBPxr and I wanted to know if you think this is a good PSU for this pc Corsair RM750W , I've had some problems with noises and drivers crashing with my GPU and some people said to get a better power supply. Is it necessary ? Thanks!

Intel Core i7-4790K

NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid

Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE

NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower

Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

You can definitely get away with the RM550. If you plan to go SLI, then go for a 750w from EVGA like pegotico said.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds great, will upgrade it.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

The one you have listed is perfect, one of the most reliable made and just enough power for that system.

[comment deleted]
  • 65 months ago
  • 1 point

RM 750 is not a top-notch supply, cheap capacitors, inferior design to RM 450, 550, 650. If you don't intend to SLI in the future, the RM 550 or 650 is a better bet, or anything by Seasonic or an XFX XTR.

• 65 months ago
  • 4 points

if by recently you mean less than 30 days, return the RM750. As zen1966 said the rm750 and 850 are made by a different oem (chicony) with lesser quality than the other Rm which are made by CWT.

I would recommend the EVGA G2 750 which is tier 1 (contrary to the rm750 which is tier 3), made by superflower and has a 10 year warranty and is cheaper than the rm750. Jonnyguru gave it a 9.8.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

Yay, downvoted for telling the truth, when the guy above tells you a tier 3 supply is one of the most reliable ever made, and says 750 watts is just enough for a system that will function just fine with a good quality 550, which is misinformed and quite frankly bad advice.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Really ? **** I hope I still can return it too bad I don't have a replacement so I will have to use my amazon prime or pay extra for the shipping. Thanks guys ! I'm going to try something from EVGA then.

• 65 months ago
  • 3 points

The one pegotico recommended is top-notch, will last for years and provide stable voltages even with hefty overclocking on that rig.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Yup. Should be very quiet too

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never had a problem with Seasonic G series and would definitely recommend them over any corsair PSU. Runs silent, 80+ Gold, and being semi modular for those extra cables makes it that much better. In fact, the CX series of corsair PSUs are by seasonic if I remember correctly. Currently seasonic is one of the most popular PSU brands and I've never had a problem with them. The corsair one you found is good and I've heard good things about it, but to me SeaSonic is the best I've used so far.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

you are incorrect... the only corsair made by seasonic are the AX series (non i)

the cx series which isn't that great is made by CWT, they had the 400CX which is discontinued and was made by seasonic.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

EVGA Supernova NEX 650G. 650w 80+ gold superflower OEM, and it's fully modular. I have one and love it.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube