add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Thefan630

63 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thefan630/saved/qYy8TW

A build I made for a friend, theoretical. My friend's a little special, many times online, sometimes for long at odd times, is home schooled, and entertains with it too. A laptop just doesn't feel right. My friend said (not going to mention any names or genders) that he/she may even start doing it herself as he/she has no idea about pcs. I said I could do this or my friend could take and build this list any time. Now to the parts:

• CPU: My friend does mainly some multitasking but also needs in general a good and fast cpu, so from the i3-4350 to i3-4370 seemed the most modern and adequate for the job at the current date. Stock cooler and thermal past is in. iGPU too, incase my friend may use (rarely) 3D apps.

• Mobo: This one was tricky, but the best I could find. Nothing special, fits the needs (main need: ITX)

• RAM: 8GB MAY be overkill for such a simple "office"-alike build, but since I had in mind not only quality but longevity, and for a machine like this the price really doesn't matter too much, I decided to went with a little cheap but robust RAM of it's specifications

• Storage: The famous EZEX, enough said

• Case: Lian-li may be behind in functionality and price...but this little beauty is sleek, no fan cooled and the slots and... IT'S JUST ALL RIGHT. My friend liked the looks too

• PSU: There were less Wattaged but poor quality PSUs. At the max load it will never reach to 300Watt, but at peak work the PSU is at peak effeciency, and Seasonic does it well. And has the cables we need!

• Optical drive: Never know when my friend may need one. Besides, he/she should have the option to read and write DVDs and CDs (Bonus of the speed), and reading Blu-ray instead of streaming, gives better quality!

• OS: Don't know what to say. Put windows 7 and wait for 10?

• Wireless adapter: Intel again made it, with this awesome PCI-express wireless adapter. Can be put away from the case for the best signal on my friend's room¨

Well, that's all! I spent days looking and perfecting the list. I wanna hear your commentary and your thoughts about it. I personally like it. My friend said it was up to him to look for the peripherals. Otherwise, everything else is inside the box, that I would make it :)

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, thanks for the opinions, but over-clocking may result in less stability, so I'm sure it's fine if I pay more for the CPU I've chosen.

But I'd do that if it was for someone who knows how to overclock

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, if my friend finds the build a little too expensive and doesn't mind the over-clocking, and the fact that he/she may try it on it's own, then I'll most likely take the Pentium. Not sure about the cooler though, there are some good low profile, don't know if the stock cooler would do it

[comment deleted]
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

True, I forgot that the more cores, the more general heat ouput. But there's a problem: The case allows 70mm tall only cpu coolers. Low profile coolers that are efficient on overclocked CPUs? Mhhmm... I don't want to be againts you, it's true and I agree that the G3250 is great, cheap and overclockable and all that whiz and whats'. But personally, on this build for someone not so experienced it's like giving a powerful car to a person learning driving. It may not result in an accident, but it's dangerous playing. Sorry if my instinct of going with the i3 sounds countra-intuitiv on your suggestion.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube