add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Photoshop/lightroom built, making sure it's the best i can get for the price

alouest

63 months ago

Hello! It is my first built, switching from MacBook Pro to desktop in order to get a bit more power and comfort.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7qDYbv

I take and modify a lot of pictures, but I prefer to invest in camera gear so this built is hopefully going to last me long and is hopefully a good compromise power/price. I will be building in March but will try to see if i can get some cheap stuff for Black friday.

CPU : So I wanted a good processor that I might OC it looks like the i7-4790K 4.0GHz is recent and pretty capable so it's my keeper. Probably a bit overkill but...

Cooler : Well the Hyper 212 EVO seems pretty popular and cheap, since I'm not sure about OC I should be fine with that.

MOBO : I was a bit lost, and still am, I don't really know what I need and there are many possibilities, I plan on buying some stuff on Black Friday so I was thinking about eiter a Asus Z97-A or MSI gaming 5 which seems to have a pretty good sound, will see what deals i can get.

RAM : 16Gb seems to be a good start, probably overkill but if I have to use my computer for work I will need more than that so 16gb is a good start. I don't plan on OC and not sure that something higher than 1600 would make a difference, Am I wrong?

HDD : I'm not sure yet and it might depends on deals but the idea is to have the ssd for OS and scratch and the hdd for storage

GPU : I was looking to spend about 100$ even though most of my use doesn't really use the GPU I might be playing old games time to time so hopefully that should do.

Case : I just picked one up randomly, I don't need fancy, just a box :D

Power : Where I live electricity is crazy expensive that is why the 80 platinium, 650 should be enough for the moment

Monitor : it depends a lot on deals, this one seemed pretty good for the money but ASUS might have some interesting choices

No OS yet, I'm kind of waiting to see what Happens to people who buy Windows 8, to know if windows 10 will come as free upgrade or not.

So My question is, is that a pretty good built for the price, Am I set for few years? And if you are up for the game and want to give me alternative for GPU - MOBO - RAM - CASE for the same range of price, so I can use your advice in case some good deals appears!

Just discovered this website, a huge thanks, it helped me a lot already!

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube