add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
aaronanger3000

62 months ago

Ive just started learning about building computers ive got 2 builds in mind both with an asus motherboard, #1 Z97 A,, #2 sabertooth z97 mark 1

Some issues ive come upon are..do i need some kind of wireless internet card or is it already able to do wireless internet stuff?

In my researchive ive learned both boards can accept 32gb of ram, the norm seems half of that. is it extra difficult to add the 32gb or is 16 best? Will i have to mess with bios?

On my big build using the sabertooth i was wondering basicly the same as the ram, is it more difficult to add more than 1 gpu? I think it can hold 2 or more and although im not planning on any super crazy high end gaming anytime soon it could happen in the future and id really rather add the extra gpu if possible right from the start.

Im kinda learning as i go so if im saying something absurd i apologize in advance but any help towards the right direction would be greatly appreciated :-)

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll answer those in order

Yes, you will need a wifi card if there is no Ethernet port nearby

If you're gaming 8Gb is the most you need at the moment although 16 is recommended for editing and for multitasking a lot

Both of those Mobos are able to support 2-3 way Sli/Crossfire so no troubles there

Always happy to answer more questions as needed

Omnitech_Nz

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you :-) seems fairly straight forward...i think lol

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you need any more help then I am always happy to help and as for assembly of the PC there is no better guide than YouTube. Just search up "How to build a Gaming PC" and you are flooded with results.

Happy to help a newcomer

Omnitech_Nz

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the youtube tip, what a wealth on info. I came across a question i cant seem to find an answer to regarding graphics cards. I was going to go with gtx 980 sli style but i saw the titan z/black and i dont understand what would be better...2 980's or 1 titan,probly black? My budget is not horribly tight for this build but its at its upper limits so 2 titans is probly not an option

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

2 980's will destroy a Titan absolutely, no questions asked

Any more questions you want answering I'm always happy to help

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube