add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

G3258 Pentium Overclocker

balldrix

63 months ago

I am looking to build a budget PC for game development using D3D9 API and some online gaming. I don't play many games but would be great if I could play B4 and Arma3 on a budget.

Looking for comments and critisicms as I've not built a PC since 2003! Since then my old pc has been sold off in parts over the years as I play xbox 360 games and use a macbook pro to play Counterstrike:Source and Arma 2.

The reason I went for the G3253 is because I have heard great things about its overclockability for a CPU in the same price bracket as an Athlon x4 860k.

I chose the GPU because I will not be playing more than 1080p res as that's the max my monitor supports.

I like the simple case design and heard nothing but good things about it.

well heres the link

Thank you,

balldrix

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

get the 860k or if you want the intel chipset get a i3. there no guarantee about the overclock ability of the g3258. and theres reports of a lot of games acting weird on that chip. now for the 860k, you dont need to overclock it right out of the box and its 4 core.

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

The G3258 beats the 860k stock vs stock and OC vs OC. Austin Evans did a vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVmIVSalP-s

Me personally I'd go for a AMD FX series 6 or 8 core and skip the Athalon or Pentium.

• 63 months ago
  • 2 points

never said the 860k beat the g3258 but it can play every game but the g3258 cant (dragon age inquisition and im sure more games will follow) and most programs benefit from 4 cores over 2

if the budget allows, yes that would be a even better option.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

The FX-6300? It's price isn't that much more than an 860k.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks, I did see a youtube vid that showed the g3258 overclocked beat the 860k in benchmark tests.

If I did get an 860k, would you recommend this Asus A88XM-A Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube