add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Dueling mini-itx build AMD vs. Intel

Lodestone99

63 months ago

Hello all,

Planning on doing a somewhat budget mini-itx build in the future. Have already bought the ram, the case and the ssd. I've also mocked up 2 part lists,

one AMD http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Lodestone99/saved/XnGdnQ
one Intel http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Lodestone99/saved/27QwrH

Neither has a graphics card, might wait until the gtx 960s come out but the unit will primarily be used as a hook-up to my tv so I am not worried at the moment (or should I be?). My questions.

1) Which is better in terms of performance? 2) Can either of the part lists be improved? 3) General thoughts, observations.

Have at it !

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for a cheaper power supply, like the corsair 600watx12 that just went really cheap with Mir.

Other than that,mthoose both look pretty good.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought about that however the reason I chose the power supply is that it is mini-itx friendly (smaller size, shorter cables, semi modular). If you know of a cheaper one with similar specs/features please let me know.

Which build would you chose? And why?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube