add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build, $700-900 gaming PC

gudovich

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yQvBxr

My gaming laptop finally crapped the bed after 7 years (surprised it lasted that long). Decided to buckle down and build a gaming rig. I have 0 experience in this and I based a solid chunk of this build off of the "$800 build guide" on this site. I figure I can wait until Cyber Monday when the parts will be even cheaper than they are now and be able to build this rig for under $800. I would love some opinions on if there are any glaring holes, omissions or parts that don't make sense here and what the difficulty of putting this all together would be.

Thanks, Alex

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I decided to drop the SSD to 128GB and adding in a 1TB HDD. I don't play too many graphics intensive games (mostly MOBAs and WoW which is optimized for 2004)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube