add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1000 Gaming/High Performance PC Suggestions.

Armani

63 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/d7DtrH

Hi guys,

I have used laptops ever since and wanted to move into Desktop PC scene and start gaming. What I want is high performance, silent gaming PC that can run games in high settings. I've been researching for a week now and put together some parts, I would like some feedback and what I can improve. Also maybe how I can cut costs since i am over budget as you can see.

Or If you anyone with great knowledge in PC's can draw up a PC for $1,000 I would appreciate it.

I like silent, high performance gaming PC.

Regards, Armani

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

If it is just gaming you dont need the i7 and ontop of that its a locked version of it so the CPU cooler is pointless, so take that off and throw in a i5. If you want to overclock you are going to need a cooler and the K version of the i5. After switching to the i5 you should try to get a z97 mobo and a better gpu.

You are also going to want a HDD for all your normal files and the SSD for OS.

This would be the near perfect for gaming at the price range. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $209.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler $74.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $108.79 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage A-Data Premier Pro SP600 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $59.99 @ Amazon
Storage Toshiba Product Series:DT01ACA 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.99 @ NCIX US
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card $327.85 @ B&H
Case Fractal Design Core 3500 ATX Mid Tower Case $75.98 @ OutletPC
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1032.55
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-22 14:30 EST-0500
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi optimus,

Thanks for the reply. But I am looking for both every day desktop PC as well as gaming. Wanted to go for i7 because i am not looking to overclock, and i thought i7 would mean i wouldn't need to upgrade cpu for 3-4 years probably?. and I think that Video Card is kind of expensive, i think 760 will do me. I also need a monitor as well.

Also I thought having a cpu cooler would help.

Thanks

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Having the CPU cooler always helps but unless you arent overclocking it isnt necessary and what type of gaming are you doing? And sorry for not adding a monitor i didnt see one on the original partlist. As to future proofing its really just a myth but even for everyday pc use the i5 is perfect, the i7 is a must if you are rendering 30 min long videos and need them to be down extremely fast. Ill edit ur partlist with the i5-k version and a cooler+monitor.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Here you go i didnt change the video card at all due to the fact you said it would be good for you :D added the i5 and a z97 mobo to get rid of the fact u might need a BIOS update. You might want to go for a better cooler down the road the the one you chose can get you to a stable overclock of 3.8-4.0 PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £167.50 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £23.54 @ CCL Computers
Motherboard MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard £63.75 @ Ebuyer
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory £65.16 @ Amazon UK
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £59.99 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card £106.99 @ Amazon UK
Case BitFenix Shinobi Window ATX Mid Tower Case £69.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £63.31 @ Amazon UK
Optical Drive Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer £10.46 @ Aria PC
Monitor BenQ GW2255 60Hz 21.5" Monitor £91.20 @ Kustom PCs
Wireless Network Adapter Asus USB-N13 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter £16.00 @ Ebuyer
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available £737.49
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-23 00:51 GMT+0000
  • 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you for the reply. But I am not planning to overclock. Even if i don't overclock should I get the K version of the cpu?

Should I wait till black friday or cyber monday? will any of these drop in price?

I am really indecisive with i5 vs i7 thing.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

The i7 is pointless to a everyday gamer/user, the only time you get a performance buff is when you are rendering and doing animations that are 30 minutes long. As for overclocking I would go with the one i showed, it has the cpu cooler and the i5 both of which are nice and then if you ever want to overclock.

Believe me when i say i under stand the whole i5/i7 deal, i use to think it was absolutely necessary to get the i7 because i was going to have multiple tabs open and 4 games at once but since i got the i5 it runs everything just like i thought the i7 would have ran it.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I can always upgrade to i7 with this build like in 2/3 years time right?

And will all the parts I selected for the build be perfectly fit?

Also should I go with z97 PC Mate which is 50$ cheaper?

Thanks,

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube