add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Kanevil

62 months ago

I want to get this on my Tax Returns. It's a build that isnt bottom price for everything, but isnt quite mid priced either. It's mainly for WoW, but ill play other games like Skyrim, Civ Beyond Earth, Saints Row and Steam games. I would like to keep it with somewhat of a red and black theme. For the CU cooler, Ive seen high ratings on it. I put on the x31 for the size check, but id be getting the X41 instead. I don't want an H100i. Comments, suggestions, and general positive feedback welcome.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor $219.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken X31 69.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $0.00
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $108.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $57.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $83.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.89 @ Directron
Video Card XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card $242.99 @ Amazon
Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case $84.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply XFX ProSeries 750W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $77.99 @ NCIX US
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $98.98 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $38.88 @ Amazon
Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Wired Laser Mouse $73.16 @ Amazon
Other NZXT Kraken X41 $110.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1251.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-22 17:08 EST-0500

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

BTW I'm in N Idaho so my tax rate is 6% and I have no micro center near me

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad (:

Just checked and the i5-4690k is cheaper than the 4670k on amazon. I performs a bit better as well

For the wifi adapter, rosewill makes one that performs about equal to that and its $10 less http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-wireless-network-card-n900pce but its up to you. personally I don't know if there is much of a difference or not. I use the rosewill one and it works GREAT

Hmm.. Just a random idea. If you save the money on the i5 and the wifi adapter, you can get a GTX 970 graphics card which is one of the best ones out right now (: It also has a MUCH less power requirement than the 280X you picked out so you could easily downgrade to a 600W PSU and put that money towards the 970

On a side note, if you go with the 970 and you plan on overclocking go with either ASUS, Gigabyte, or MSI. I have heard a lot of negative reviews for the EVGA card and the cheaper brands like Zotac are horrid! Zotac has locked voltages so you can't overclock it

Love your case and mouse choices!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

XD Thanks! I thought I had the 4690k on there but I guess I clicked the wrong button Haha. I've used my wifi adapter before and it was solid, but I like Rosewell as well so Ill check it out/ A 970 will def be a lot better, wouldn't it. Haha. Ive never overclocked but I would like to. Thanks for the input I'm going to modify it RQ to see what it looks like.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated version. look right? I would like to make it a little cheaper if possible of course.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $209.99 @ Newegg
CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken X31 69.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $0.00
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $108.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $64.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $83.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.89 @ Directron
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card $355.91 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced ATX Mid Tower Case $84.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $54.00 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $98.98 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill N900PCE 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $29.89 @ OutletPC
Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Wired Laser Mouse $73.16 @ Amazon
Other NZXT Kraken X41 $110.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1318.78
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-22 17:49 EST-0500
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Think I should start buying the parts when they go on promo now, or should I modify anything. Most likely buying the RAM tonight.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks great!! You also picked out my favorite of the 970's xD I was going to get that one but MSI released the limited edition golden version of it for $50 more. Kind of a impulse buy because it was perty... I don't think its worth the extra $50 though. Just adds a backplate, full copper heat pipes, and very minimal amount of extra clock speed

Oh wow, you also got my favorite ram O: snipers are one of the best in my opinion!

Good luck on getting the parts you want for cheap! I'm rooting for ya! :D

As for saving money.. Hmm.. You could always knock off the SSD o: The only thing they do is allow programs to load faster. They don't increase performance or FPS. You could always get a 60gb if all you are planning to use the SSD for is loading the OS (makes the comp turn on faster) (: I'll try to do some more research and see If i can find some quality items that are cheaper but still give the same or better performance to what you already have listed

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Idk if this will help, but this is my build that I finished 2 days ago. It works great!! You have a much better cooler and mouse than me though + you have a SSD listed

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hhQQhM

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not a bad build. I like how it's cheaper than mine

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

To with an amd FX 8350 processor instead it will save you about a 75$

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking about th, but you get much more power with this intell, it's basically the go to processor so I'm thinkin I'll bite the extra and get intell. But like I said I'm buying this after taxes so if the price is right...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube