add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is the cpu or video card more important?

mamayeye123

62 months ago

Is a better cpu or video card more important for gaming? If all the other parts are the same

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

For gaming the video card is way more important, for a gaming rig it should be the most expensive component.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the help!

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

And if you want the most balanced build, normally you have to spend twice the money for the GPU than the CPU. Example : GPU at 500$ fits with a 250$ CPU (g3258/750 ti, i5/970, i7/980)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It is, but you don't want to skimp too much on a CPU either. I'd recommend a Pentium 3258 for GPUs beneath $200, an i3/FX 83xx CPU for GPUs from $200-$300, and an i5 or i7 for GPUs $300 and above.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

True :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends what you play. For most of the big AAA titles, as long as you have a certain minimum performance CPU, the GPU is what matters most. If you play LoL or CS:GO, the graphics requirements are pretty low, and the CPU becomes more important.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

right +1 :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube