add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1100 Black Friday Build

buckeyefan63

63 months ago

It's going to be an engineering work / rendering build. I think it's close to its final form. At first, I was going to go with an FX-8350 over the 4790K, but it just bottlenecks a strong card too much from what i've seen. Do you think I can do much better for $1100? And if so, how? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RMLhGX

Comments

• 63 months ago
  • 0 points

you fool. this isn't even its final form.

get a gtx card. nvidia really spiced up the gpu business with their maxwell cards

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I smell an Nvidia fanboy. I'm looking for unbiased suggestions.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

haha i'm not an nvidia fanboy. the 900's really are that good. better than the 780 and 780 ti and R9 290X. read the holiday issue of MaximumPC. it says what i've said, just more in-depth

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

I know it's a better card for gaming. I can get the R9 290 for $220. The 970 is $350. Also, the R9 290 renders faster in Sony Vega Pro. The R9 290 goes head to head with the 970 in gaming as well. Yes, the 970 is as better card, but please justify the $130 price difference. Watch who you're calling a fool.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

1: i never called you a fool so don't put words in my mouth

2: the reason why they go head-to-head is because neither company has been able to move to 20nm tech yet. they're both stuck at 28nm until next year, when maxwell tech will skyrocket in performance. we're talking good 4k from one card.

3: the price difference is due to the fact that dropping the price is the only thing AMD can do to compete with Nvidia and the 900 series cards.

• 63 months ago
  • 1 point

Hah. What's your point? AMD will have 20 nm cards out before Nvidia. How would Maxwell performance skyrocket? There will be a slight increase in performance and efficiency. Second of all, AMD will benefit from the die shrink too. I don't care why the price is dropping, i'm just saying that the R9 290 is a better card for the money.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube