add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Ever Build, Advice!

travythesavy

62 months ago

Hey everyone, I am about to go through with my first build, ever. I was hoping for some opinions and feedback on what I have assembled. It is meant to be a modest gaming rig. Not 100% sure if everything is compatible >_> (hopefully). Anyways, ANY advice or feedback is greatly appreciated!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zRCBxr

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 4 points

You have a cpu with integrated graphics and a great budget video card (integrated graphics not needed). You could go Intel for a G3258 Pentium or a Athlon 860k (both without integrated graphics) on the same motherboard type. The 860k would perform better with most multi-threaded games than the Pentium though and definitely at stock if you don't plan on overclocking. Integrated graphics on cpus don't affect performance, but it isn't used if you have a video card. It can save in most cases and you get a better cpu for what you need. Hope this helps :D

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

would something like this suffice? It is about the same all around except no integrated graphics...opinion?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113348

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The 760k is good, its just that the 860k is a newer version of the 760k, it you can afford the newer one that would be ideal :D

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Fair enough, however newegg decided to be sold out :/

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well....., that's a bummer :(

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Would I see that much difference in performance ? Or is it more so the "newer tech = better product" theory? Just wondering If I should buy it elsewhere.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also Capstone is a good PSU, just be wary of cable management because it is a non-modular (has all cables attached). Semi-Modular has the ones most often needed attached and others not attached if you need them. Fully Modular allows you to plug and unplug only those you need, so you will only use what you need. You can use this to look for other good PSUs if want to, and hopefully find one that is on sale :D https://community.newegg.com/eggxpert/computer_hardware/f/135081/t/45344.aspx

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I'll look into it, however I did already order it -_- lol.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh well it was a good deal, good luck with cable management :)

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked at the case and it says it has cutouts for cable management, you don't perhaps have the case yet do you? It seems like a solid case though, can't see you going wrong there. Anyway, I wish you luck! You will have to let me know how it goes!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't worry about it being non modular, your on a $500 budget and the 200 has enough room for extra cable and get the 860k, recent games have been having a 4 core requirement and it won't bottleneck the 280

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube