add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is this a decent budget gaming build?

Mexicanbandstand

62 months ago

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kmYpFT hey I was wondering if this is a good gaming setup for a budget? Could it do 1080p gaming at 60fps? Or at least 30? Would it be better than a ps4? I want to know what you guys think any help is appreciated

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Make sure you get 2 sticks of 4 GB RAM each instead of 1 stick of 8 GB. Having 2 sticks allows you to dual channel it (a lot more simple than it sounds) which makes it faster.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

How much faster? And could my current build run GTA 5 do you think?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a little bit faster, every now and then.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/1349-ram-how-dual-channel-works-vs-single-channel

That being said, there are deals going on with RAM right now, so you should set up the parametric filter for that and the power supply. Probably save yourself $40 and get to step up to 1866 or 2133 RAM.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately I already bought the gfx card is it good enough along with the CPU to run GTA 5? What fps do you think it could getM

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube