add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What is the difference between GA-Z97X-UD3H rev. 1.0 and 1.1?

eyescela
  • 67 months ago

Subject.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Usually a change in model number of that type means there was some issue they fixed from the original version.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

I was wondering this too. I am awaiting arrival from newegg as I post this, I do not know which is coming but I presume 1.0 In looking at gigabyte site I only noticed this difference between 1.0 and 1.1 and if anyone knows of another please do add :)

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4979#ov (rev 1.0)

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5102#ov (rev 1.1)

rev 1.1 shows "Audio Noise Guard with LED path lighting" in overview and "LED trace path lighting illuminates to show the separation of the PCB layers." in overview

I have no idea why they would add this lighting. Just visual clear side panel eye-candy? maybe so in routing cables you could avoid area to lessen audio interference? Maybe I'll learn something when board actually arrives.

• 66 months ago
  • 0 points

probably minor improvements have been made to components and also comes with the newest bios available at that time. Only the manufacturer would know specifics..

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Why was this down voted? He is giving a good answer.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube