add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Any advice for my gaming PC?

Beetle

62 months ago

EDITED: Thanks to Trent for his previous post. This has been edited since his first comment.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beetle/saved/xvCMnQ

I've edited this post and have completely gone back over my build. I've been reading and researching this site, plus reading reviews, checking measurements, etc.. so I think I'm about halfway home.

Anyways, like the subject line, this is going to be a gaming PC. I would like to run dual monitors, but it isn't a must. If it's better to spend on one monitor than it is to have the convenience of two (1 game and 1 Desktop), then I will go with the single monitor. The max I can spend on monitors is going to be about 400 American dollars.

I do not plan on overclocking. I play games like WoW, Total War, Civ, etc.. other than WoW I tend to lean toward the strategy/RPG games on PC, and stick to FPS on consoles with buddies.

I am open to suggestions on any changes I should make, but also need help choosing a MoBo and Monitor.

I also plan on running Windows 8.1.

Thanks for any tips and help!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks quite good but I would suggest getting a more powerful GPU instead of two 'average' ones. I wouldn't worry about the case, It looks like it has decent ventilation. Do you really need a sound card or will on-board audio be ok? Also that monitor is fairly old, I would get a newer model if possible. Hope this helps a bit.

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Any idea for a MoBo anyone?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Asrock, Gigabyte and MSI seem to have nice motherboards. I'd probably start there

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated and changed some things. I think I have it finished. Hopefully it all fits together and works well.

Please let me know if you see anything you would change or that needs changed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube