add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Custom Window Ideas (w/ Graphite Series 230t & 10.5" x 7" Acrylic Window)

dylanwarrior77

61 months ago

I am looking to make a cool window on a corsair graphite 230t case (I don't want to pay extra for the windowed version), and I have a 10.5" x 7" piece of acrylic from an old case that can make a nice window (when making the design, assume it's 9.75" x 6.25", because I will need probably 3/8" on each side to fasten it to the case). Can someone here design a cool window that isn't crazy hard to make, but is more complicated and different from the window that comes with the windowed version? I would like to be able to see the CPU, RAM, and the video card if possible. Also, after cutting the design into the side of the case, what can I use to fasten the acrylic to the back of the side panel?

My idea: (I need opinions on this) ( Image ) I thought it would be cool to make a window shaped like a rectangle with triangles cut out of two corners on diagonal sides ( Example ), and the window could have something like a tint in the window everywhere but where the dog design is (invert the image of my idea, and that's what I mean). Where could I find a cheap, small piece of window tint for this, and would I be able to easily make out the shape of the dog while still being able to see through the tinted parts? And even better, could I just cut the shape of the dog out and file the edges, or would that disrupt airflow/cause turbulence noise/crack the acrylic?

Thank you, community. (if I get a response... :P)

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube