add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sim flight gaming and modelling build

kaon81

62 months ago

hi,

i will be setting this for flight sim games (3-4) screens 1080 res. (DCS a10). also, i will be using it for solid modelling, animations. since that will be my first high budget build, i will need help on this. thanx

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kaon81/saved/6kyLrH

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

That should be plenty of horsepower. The only advice I would have is to get a better PSU.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

that evga psu is fine

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Meh, a $35 80+ Bronze PSU seems a little out of place in a $1700 build, especially with how cheap (and high quality) EVGA's 80+ Gold fully modular units are.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Which flight sim are you flying with? Just heads up that FSX is restricted to 32-bit and X-Plane isn't optimised to mmultithreading. There's no need to upgrade your system, and it should be able to run X-Plane at extreme settings (right now I'm running a 760 @ very high settings and I can't crank up because of VRAM).

That PSU is fine for SLI in future, and you are fine on getting a mid tower.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube