add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will this PC Setup be bottlenecked?

computational

62 months ago

Please note i am going for a high end pc between £1000 to £1100 and I do not wish to over clock.

Also is the power supply too much?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/computational/saved/h7Zqqs

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

600W is not overkill if you go SLI in the future. Drop the thermal paste, it is included in the cooler. Get a better Z97 mobo, drop the 2x8GB to 2x4GB and forget about the sound card. Every computer comes with sound card now. Fan controllers and those fans are kinda pointless in your budget, it won't make a big difference.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

ah well im not planning to go into SLI

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, btw, if you are not going to overclock you can drop the K series but over clocking do wonders when you need it. You could consider over clocking in future, that 212EVO can push to 4.5 np. Your computer won't be bottlenecked even with an i5.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

eh il stick with it, as i dont think it will bottle neck anything and well yolo

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube