add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Black Friday Build - URGENT

JazzMeister

62 months ago

Black Friday is VERY close, so any help at all would be much appreciated.

This build focuses on getting as much 'bang' for my buck as possible, but looking nice too. I just need to peg down a PSU and a nice case Available in Newzealand - I'm a big fan of NZXT's Phantom series if that helps.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JazzMeister/saved/rbDmP6

Any further critique would be invaluable - any way to boost performance or make it more cost effective.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Change the motherboard to an Asus z97a if you want to overclock, if not, change the CPU to an i5 4690. I'm buying my parts tomorrow and here's what I'm getting for my case and PSU- PSU: EVGA G2 750W. Case: Fractal Design Define R4 with window, but if you like Phantoms, go with an NZXT phantom 410.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the heads up! I searched ASUS Z97A on the site and couldn't find it, then I searched online for ASUS Z97A+Pcpartpicker and found it - but there's a lot of models! Could you link me to one?

EDIT: Nvm, found it; http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97a

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly nothing beats it at that price. It's got solid build quality and a ton of features. It just doesn't look as nice as some of the "Gaming" branded motherboards.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm building a very similar setup. Keep in mind a lot of people run into issues getting the h100i to fit in their cases, I advise to do your research in that respect. Also, the one thing that you're spending the most money on is the video card, and that's also the one item that will become obsolete the quickest. I personally won't spend more than $200 MAX on a video card, since I'll probably want to swap it out after a couple years. That's just my opinion tho.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you link me to your build and suggest a different Video card?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube