add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My first build list. Check it out and tell me what you think?

Zombiesworld

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8gLYwP

I'm going to be using this mainly for Twitch streaming and web browsing. I didn't include a video card because I rarely game on my PC and thought the integrated graphics would be fine for now. I might add one sometime in the future though. I'm going for a black/blue color theme, that's mainly why I chose that motherboard and memory. Please let me know if you think I should make any changes!

Also, I'm wanting to get a NZXT HUE LED color changer. The cheapest I can find it for is $30 with $7 shipping fee at OutletPC. Is there anywhere I'd be able to get one cheaper?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, so I finally decided on my build. Here it is: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/4g3NWZ

I've already purchased the CPU Cooler, Motherboard, HDD, Case, PSU, OD and monitor. So that leaves the CPU, memory, OS, case fans and keyboard/mouse. I waited to purchase these last 5 items to see if Cyber Monday would offer any good sales on them, but it looks like it's not going to. So I got a question for you guys/gals, should I just go ahead and bite on these prices? Or do you think I should wait on some of them? Like I said before, I have no idea what normal/good prices are on half this stuff or how often they go on sale or how cheap they have been. So any help would be much appreciated!

Also, I was planning on getting the NZXT Hue LED color changing controller. It's currently $30 at OutletPC, is that a good price for it? Once again, thanks for any help!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Spoke too soon, Just ordered this memory from Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445

Hopefully a CPU deal will show up somewhere now!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I hope you've also bought a GPU, also, that motherboard is VERY loud when typing.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't bought a GPU. I was planning on picking one up eventually though. I don't really game on my PC. For now I'm mainly going to use this for streaming Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on Twitch, possibly some video editing and web browsing of course.

And you mean the Keyboard is loud when typing, right?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it is very loud. You can buy the little rubber things for it, and make it quieter, but when talking to friends and they hear my keyboard, they almost cry.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha. Alright, gotcha. I might look for something else then. And about the GPU, if I do decide to get one sooner than later, is there one that you would recommend? Keep in mind that I'm not a big PC gamer, but when I do game on it I play games like WoW and LoL.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Just wondering, will I need any thermal compound? Or will it come pre applied?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that would probably help huh? lol

There you go, I added it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I use an Elgato Capture HD to stream Xbox One and Xbox 360 games.

The only thing I was a little iffy with was the motherboard. It's rated 4/5 on Newegg, but I read a few reviews about people having problems with it powering back on if the power supply gets unplugged. Not sure if that's something I should be worried about or not.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube