add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with finishing touches to a PC I'm planning to build

sup3rsoldier

62 months ago

So I have everything picked out except for a case (I would prefer one with LED lighting), and optical drive, and maybe SSD (if able to fit within my budget). So right now I would like for this to cost around $1000, but it can be a little more (up to around $1100).

Basically I just need help with what case to use, what optical drive to use, and if there is anyway to add SSD without going over the budget (by maybe switching up some other things) and if SSD is even necessary in this instance.

Current Parts list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/sup3rsoldier/saved/dQnNnQ

Thanks!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This case is on sale for $30 after rebate, I just bought it. Maybe not The best but looks like a great case for the $$. Antec GX500 ILLUSION Computer Case Newegg black friday sale. Also you can get the WD blue hd for less. And maybe swap the video card for a 280x or 290. That will buy your ssd. Unless you are playing higher than 1080p, I don't think you need anything more. They are running around $20 on sale.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

What would you recomend for the optical drive? I dont need anything fancy. Also, do you think that SSD is even necessary?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

ssd is worth it imo. just get the cheapest optical drive, usually $14. unless you want a blue ray drive in which case they are on sale for black friday.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You can save some bucks on getting a Bronze PSU rather the Gold one, the difference is minimal as long as the PSU is made with quality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube