add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help deciding on a new case

SmackGoneWild

61 months ago

So far I'm thinking the Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case, but that's from a small amount of research, and limited pictures I've found.

I'd prefer to stay under 100 bucks, but absolutely no higher than 150

As far as priorities go... this computer will be built with longevity in mind. My plan is to get some of the best stuff out there(i7-4790 and Geforce GTX980), and upgrade components down the road as I see fit, instead of buying brand new towers with no room for change

So long lasting, seems aluminum is the way to go? Possibly disperses heat more efficiently as well? I went ahead and added a liquid cooling rig(Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler) as it would be my first The build will have a 3.5 HDD and a 2.5 SSD for faster boot, so correct bays or "adjustable" bays are a must I like the idea of filter screens on the intake openings of the case, as that has to cut down on the dust?

So if you think you know of a case less than 100 that has this 400 beat, or something a little more expensive, but can talk me into why the upgrade is worth it, fire away gents...

Thanks ahead

Comments

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

Take a look at the Phanteks Enthoo Pro. Last I saw it was $89 thanks to a $10 MIR. I just bought a 400R at micro center last week. Very nice case. Haven't started building yet, but wishing I had waited a week because the Enthoo Pro is far and away better.

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

If your building high end for gaming and SLI for future proofing and wanted a nice slick design, compact, cool, and solid, I would buy the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv or Bitfenix Pandora. These cases are amazing!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube