add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
BobbyGee

62 months ago

Hi, This is my first build.. And I'm wondering if what i put together is OK...

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/BobbyGee/saved/vb6KHx

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks, Bobby

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't overclock drop out the CPU Cooler, only get it if you overclock the CPU. You can bump down the price by using 2x4GB RAM instead of 2x8, there's no practical applications for 2x8GB RAM. EVGA GPUs are not kinda famous regarding 970/980, mostly related to noise and the problem with contact between cooler and GPU they presented before the revisions. You can buy a mid tower, Full towers are mostly for EATX motherboards.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ok great! I can take what you said and hit the drawing board... I dont plan on overclocking since im kinda dumb in that area... So i can drop the cooler...the only reason i chose the 2x8 was because the motherboard ram max is 32.. So could i possibly drop down to 16gb possibly 4 slots and get the 2x4 like you mentioned? And if i read correctly, i need to choose a different video card?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

So, in that case, just take out the CPU cooler, drop a 2x4GB RAM (and if you want swap the GPU for another brand) and you are good to go.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You need a Z97 motherboard. And i reccommend going for the i5-4690k. Other then that your golden.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube