add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$2500 Gaming PC Build, need feedback please.

Travis09

62 months ago

Looking at building a new computer and this time I'm going all in. I was wanting to future proof this one for years and years to come with lots of options for expansion. Would like some feedback on the choices and if you have any other better recommendations. Also not sure which computer case to get, so here's my list.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6W3t4D

Thoughts and suggestions please! Thanks !!

Edit: this will be for purely gaming, maybe eventually video editing/recording of games and of course streaming.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The term futureproof is kinda impossible here, though you can expect that rig will run for 4-5 years.

If possible... Can you create a purely PCPartPicker list? Because there are some people who find themselves idiots if they create a Newegg account since they are not from the countries where Newegg serves :D

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, my bad, I edited the post with a link to a pcpartpicker list. I overclick my current setup and plan on overclocking this new build to new heights, hence why i'm going with big air flow in a big case with the liquid cooled parts.

I hope i can eventually get 2 gtx 980's in sli configuration, possibly more. But that's a bit down the road. I wanted a platform that's easily future upgraded to keep up in the game for a few years. I will be playing high graphical intense demanding games. All the newest hits on max settings on a 144hz 1080p asus monitor. I will eventually also go with a 1440p monitor down the road (the asus 1440p, 144hz rog monitor for $800) but thats eventually, probably a year or two down the road. Thanks for the feedback and time to look at the list, means a lot!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

This is it? Nobody wants to say anything?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I was sleeping, gawd's sakes. Looks like you are going to aim for the enthusiast here. Since you want to go all-in, I'll not make fussy comments about the X99. Just why not getting an 850 PRO? It's kind of the no brainer here, 10 years of warranty is ssomething that's related to future proofing, and that 980 is kinda useless because you are still going with a 5820K which can't 4 way SLI. Will you ever buy 4 of those? I'd rather suggest you going with 970s since you will be able to 3-way SLI them because of the low price point. Of course, you have your reasons to go with the 980 and I'm happy enough to hear them.

Speaking of cases, corsair's 760T, 780T can be alternatives imo, they present lots of options for airflow too. Just suggestions though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube