add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1080p gaming on a budget: is the 6300 worth it @$85?

jnanof

62 months ago

just curious if anyone has xp with the amd fx6300. Could I play BF4 64 man multiplayer? http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jnanof/saved/GFZWGX

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

That's some unbalanced cooler you've got there. If you want to save money, 212 EVO will do the job. And normally it's more related to the machine specs (whether it can handle well the load, et cetra). That 290X should be able to handle the most demanding games in its appropriate settings (generally high settings). You could try to bump down the GPU and get an i5 if you can, for extra performance?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I figured I'd be overclocking the hell out of the 6300, partly to see how far I can get with a $85 cpu. I am not opposed to an air cooler but I think the 212 is ugly :). Need some form to go with function :) The 290x is just a really good price right now. I'm sure I could get away with the 280x.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Might as well get the 8320. Only $15 more.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

apparently the 212 evo will not fit in the case which I already bought. I swapped out the water cooler for a 120 one though I don't think that is the best 120 cooler out there. I also did not include an SSD in this build but I will add the one I already own.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh, sorry about that. Is everything else okay?

[comment deleted]
  • 61 months ago
  • 1 point

of course you can't use mantle with the 970 :P

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube