add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Ever Build! Need Some Advice, Please!

Bman75

62 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Bman75/saved/8Wcypg

So this will be my first time building a pc. I will be mainly using it for gaming, but I want something that will be decent at making videos and LIGHT graphic design. I don't really think I need to step up to an I7 because I would rarely utilize its capabilities. I am also slightly over my budget anyways. So I am really going cheap on the PSU, keyboard and mouse, and my memory and storage. I don't plan on overclocking just yet. I also want something that I can easily upgrade in the future. I just want to check and make sure I have everything I need, and it is all decent components.

Thanks for the input and advice!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a cheaper monitor and put that money into a better PSU. People always overlook the PSU, that's like giving a human a very weak heart pair with an amazing body. Regardless how amazing their body may be, it won't be able to do anything with a weak heart. The same goes for a PC. Get rid of that PSU, and get something that will power your rig regardless of the load. Beyond that, the only way to make the build cheaper, is by getting a cheaper Motherboard, and a cheaper case. That's all I see that we could change.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I am actually getting the monitor for Christmas. So I wont have to worry about that. Should I go with just an 80+ Gold or more Wattage? or both? The only reason I want to jump on the MSI gaming 7 is because it's on sale for only $10 more than the MSI gaming 5. I may just go with a cheaper Asus Z97-A motherboard.

Thanks for the help!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The Wattage is fine, is just that the Corsair CX series is not meant for heavy demands, it is only for normal builds I guess you could say. Get the EVGA 600B is only about $2.00 more. But it has better rails for output, in case you wish to SLI in the future.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube