add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mum needs part list for Christmas... Final opinions?

Lachlantula

62 months ago

Christmas is coming and me mum (hahaha...) along with some other tech-savvy relatives are wondering what parts I'd like for my gaming/virtualisation build. It would be much appreciated if you guys could tell me what you think. Just to clarify I have the i7 instead of i5 due to OS virtualisation, 16GB RAM for the same reason and a 750W PSU because I plan to SLI two 970s in the future. Thanks!

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Example that could? I personally love it's UEFI, looks, features among other things. The Black is has a great warranty and I like it because of this. The difference in price isn't too bad either. Thanks for the opinion!

[comment deleted]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, I'll look at the mobo after dinner (ravioli cannot wait :P) and I'll certainly get back to you about the HDD

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I found this which is practically the Asus equivalent of your suggestion. I just prefer the UEFI and it can support faster RAM (but I don't need that). But is that many SATA ports enough for my requirements? I think I will still go with the Black. Thanks!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube