add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Advice and tips appreciated!!!

bojangles360

62 months ago

This is my first build in over 7 years and think I have what I believe to be a good setup for my $1,000 budget. I know I still have a few things to add and will be going over maybe another $200, but at this point I am okay with that if it means getting a bit more now so I won't have to upgrade again for a few years. I already have a monitor and keyboard to use.

Would love to know what you all think. I am planning on using this as my everyday PC which means minimal to average gaming, Photo Shop editing, some Premiere editing, streaming throughout my home, and general multitasking.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Fry4GX

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If I were you I would drop the ssd and get a better gpu.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I see where you are going with that thought. May I ask why you suggested a better card? I'm only asking because I would like to know if this card is kind of sub par in your opinion or is it because you would prefer a nicer card over an ssd. Thanks

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

The card just seems a bit under-powered for your system, I would personally get a r9 280 or r9 280x For Nvidia I'd probably get a 760 or 770. You can always add in an ssd later, once you get the money. Just my personal opinion.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, thank you very much. I appreciate the input and will definitely take your tip into consideration.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, from where I sit currently using an Radeon HD 4850, I feel like any card I get that is 2gb or higher will blow me away.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Can anyone here tell me whether or not it would be wise to go with an i7 instead of this since I could be doing more editing and possibly running virtual machines. And if so, is it possible to get a comparable i7 to the i5 I have chosen for the same price?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube