add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on build for a first time buyer?

smorris15lb

62 months ago

Here's a link to my current part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/smorris15lb/saved/yQWKHx Any advice and/or criticism is totally welcome, I want to buy the best pc i can for my money. Only requirements are that it has to be less than $1400, and i need to purchase a 27" monitor. Thank you!

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Here are some things to keep in mind - you only need 8GB of RAM, and while we're talking about that be sure to get 1866MHz RAM instead or if you can find it 2133MHz RAM that doesn't operate over 1.5V. 1080p on a 27" monitor can be too low-res sometimes, I recommend 1440p. All the rest seems fine. Good luck!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube