add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can I install my OS with a USB optical drive?

BetaGrunt
  • 67 months ago

Title says it all. just trying to plan everything out before i go spending all my money.

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 2 points

yes,it is possible to install OS with a usb drive.please refer the below links for more information.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-install-windows-7vista-from-usb-drive-detailed-100-working-guide/

Hope this helps.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Very good tutorial! These instructions also work with Windows 8. I tried it with both and it worked Great!

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I just put windows 7 on my mothers computer with a usb jump drive. So yes I believe so

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

You just have to get on another computer and download the ISO of your specific operating system and you have to of course have the product key

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Boot device options should be listed in the mobo manual.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube