add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$1200 Build for Gaming/Editing

TGK_Gaming

62 months ago

I was thinking of using this build to play games like Arkham Knight and maybe The Crew, and edit with Sony Vegas Movie Studio. Any suggestions/comments?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $299.98 @ NCIX US
Motherboard MSI H97M-E35 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $80.98 @ Newegg
Memory Team Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $106.99 @ Newegg
Storage Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $88.98 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card $329.90 @ Newegg
Case Rosewill Line-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case $39.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $34.99 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $16.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $86.42 @ OutletPC
Monitor Asus VX228H 60Hz 21.5" Monitor $129.99 @ Newegg
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1215.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-29 22:33 EST-0500

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you going to overclock?

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

No. Thus, I'm sticking with the stock cooler.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Ok. Umm...I wouldn't use that case if I were you. I have it (You can see it in my build) It provides decent airflow, but I wouldn't trust it with a GPU, I would go for the Cooler Master N200 If I were you. Also you may want to consider that Hard drive...it is not reliable, This Hitachi is much better. It is a server grade hard drive so it won't fail you. It is more pricy though. Hope this helps. Good luck with the build

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're doing HD editing consider 32gb of memory, a Crucial M550 SSD, about 750-850w PSU and a bigger case to start with.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you think that the SSD is really vital to editing? The 32GB Ram is already pushing me out of my price range.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure. Try posting this on the Adobe Premiere Pro Hardware forum. I know from experience the first thing they'll probably suggest is either the memory increase or the power supply. A lot of people in that forum who build NLE systems for a living.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube