add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help a fellow builder out, advice needed

hheyman123

62 months ago

Hi all, So I've never built my one desktop before but I really want to try it out. I've seen some of the works on this site and they all seem pretty professional. Therefore, I would like to seek advice from all those pros out there. Is this parts list (link below) "good" enough for this price range? I'm on quite a tight budget so I don't want to spend too much more on it. I should also mention that I'm building this mainly for playing a bit of lol, web surfing and watching movies, nothing too hard-core. So here's my not-so-in-depth considerations on all the parts.

CPU I chose this because it was cheap and is currently on sale on Amazon. Also, it comes with an integrated graphics card that seems decent enough for my needs. While researching, I came upon the similar but more expensive AMD A8-7600 which is also an APU, I'm not sure if my choice to stay with this one is right or not though.

CPU Cooler Seemed like a pretty good idea, nothing too special

Motherboard The motherboard was actually the most complicated part for me (still don't really get it), as I said, I'm sort of all new to these things. This motherboard just seemed ideal for my CPU and RAM.

RAM I used these 2x4gb set of G.Skill because 8gb seems like it can handle most of the things I do. It is also upgradable late on. The reason I chose G. Skill is because it was the cheapest.

Storage 1 TB seems like quite enough for a few game and some movies and it wasn't exactly priced too high either. I wanted to also get a SSD but my budget fell short, by a lot so no SSD for now.

Case I know that there might as well be better cases out there, but this one just seems so perfect for me, I just love the design.

PSU I am absolutely aware of the fact that a 550W PSU is overkill for my build but the cost is not much different than a 450W one and if I ever decide to upgrade later on I would not have to change the PSU.

Monitor Also, the design is just beautiful.

Feel free to change anything. I also aim to make my build a bit futureproof. Just so you know, I'm aiming for a white design, with white case, monitor and keyboard...etc.

I doubt anyone read all of this but for those who did, I sincerely appreciate the time and dedication you spent on my build. And thanks in advance.

Here is the link to my build http://pcpartpicker.com/user/hheyman123/saved/6vJNnQ

Sincerely, Kevin

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the suggestion, if I am not mistaken, the 6600k supports crossover with other GPU's so I can add them on Later.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube