add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions wanted on 1400$ streaming/gaming build

JackeMinion

62 months ago

So i want opinions on my gaming build i will be streaming almost everyday games. Like league of legends, cs:go, bf4, minecraft and some hearthstone or World of warcraft http://pcpartpicker.com/user/JackeMinion/saved/8pkbt6

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Surprised you got a solid 1440p build, but only a 1080p@60Hz monitor. If you can't afford a 1440p monitor, I would atleast suggest a monitor with higher refresh rate, like the Benq XL2411Z.

More hertz = more frames = more fluidity.

If you are only using the 1080p monitor temporarily til you get a 1440p or 4k monitor, Then get the cheapest 1080p monitor you can find. Just thoughts.

You also would be ok with an i5 to stream, but an i7 can definitely help, so to each his own.

Some people complain about the noise with that video card, which if it's not an issue with you, then it's all good, but Gigabyte and MSI are better performers and Asus Strix is the quietest.

I hope this helps!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

It's not a huge matter if it's loud i live in my parents basement so they won't really hear anything from it either :p Yeah i think i'll change that to a 1440p monitor and I'll get one with 144 hertz rate. The i7 i got recommended by alot of people that it will help because it has hyper threading.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

haha if it was loud enough to be heard from another level I would immediately replace that thing xD.

I don't get the concept of how twitch would affect the threading in a web browser, but if it didn't then an i7 would be a waste in that respect; there is shadowplay which will be running while you have a game going, but i5's can handle that no problem. I guess it really depends on the game. My friend's i5+760 build runs 1080p@60 gaming great while streaming via shadowplay to twitch 720p@60, but the more intense games he was playing was shadows of mordor and evil within. I think if you were playing a game with obscene requirements like BF4 or Crysis 3, then an i7 would be more logical to have. I'm assuming you will be playing those games as well as other more highly threaded games that'll come out in the future, so the i7 is a sure thing to have.

As far as 1440p monitors or any resolution for that matter go:

high display color count

high brightness (300cd/m2 +)

high contrast ratio (big # / 1)

low response time (1-2ms for first person shooter fans, 5-8ms for other uses)

After that it's more or less just preference.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

And could you possibly list me a 1440p monitor with 120 hertz rate or higher? Thanks!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Right now the best option (i say this lightly) is: ASUS ROG SWIFT

Mainly because of the refresh rate that makes it so damn expensive.

at 1440p, you might wanna look at 60Hz-120Hz range:

GW2765HT

27MB85RB

U2713HM

These are probably the cheapest I would be comfortable with getting.

They're sooo expensive, I'd almost just get a 1080p 240hz monitor instead xD

FG2421BK

Prices are sooo insane, but they'll get cheaper after a couple of years!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep pretty damn pricey.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube