add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Jatman8

62 months ago

I have just spent some time to sit down and do some research on parts for a new computer. I was wondering if someone could have a quick look over my build, as I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing. I'll use it mostly for gaming. One other thing is I live in Australia, so the parts have to be able to be shipped there (Although that's something ill do myself probably)

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Jatman8/saved/43Pv6h

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

drop a little money from your mobo and maybe your cpu and spend it on your gpu that's really the heart of a gaming pc and your going to get better performance in the newer more demanding games

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think he should drop money on those but unless necessary. I think a GTX 760 is worth the price increase if you can afford it.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I have ended up taking the advice and lowered the prices a little, I've put a little more money in to the PSU and GPU instead as suggested. the mobo I'll use now seems just as good and CPU is 4 core instead of 6

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

On a re-think I've changed back to the 6 cores for nine dollars more

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

You're doing fine. My only Suggestion is getting a PSU made my Corsair, Seasonic, or EVGA.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the advice, I'll defiantly take it!

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

I would also drop the memory down to 4GBs. This isnt an ultra setting gaming pc so you will never use more then the 4GBs.. at most 3GBs (with 1GB running the OS).

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah fair enough I can see what you are talking about I'll drop down to 4 it will cut the price to

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube