add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[2015] The Ultimate Gaming Computer System

AACJenius

62 months ago

Hello! Thank you for visiting my topic! :)

I have created this parts list as a continuation of a personal written project which I started early last year which I have now renamed to:

"Ultimate 4K Gaming of 2015"

The project's purpose is to showcase a High-End 4K Gaming Build

• This build is a pure-gaming computer for all those enthusiasts with the best available graphics processing and monitoring to-date all wrapped up into the best looking package!

Some noteworthy points:

• The parts lists will not be purchased or built by me, this is a so-called theoretical build.

• I don't attend school so don't worry about me trying to cheat on something xD

• None of the parts in this build are final, so please keep suggestions coming! :D

• This is not what I would spend my money on if I could purchase this build.

• High-End 4K Gaming Build - Parts List (Version 6.5.1):

Updated 9/6/2015

Type Item Price Notes
CPU Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor $899.99 OC'ing Potential @ ~4.6Ghz
Cooling Custom closed-loop liquid cooling by XSPC Liquid Cooling Solutions Awaiting custom quotation
Thermal Compound Indigo Xtreme 2011-X1 Precision Thermal Interface Kit $29.99
Motherboard Asus X99-E WS SSI CEB LGA2011-3 Motherboard $476.98
Memory Kingston Predator 64GB (8 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory $1049.99
Storage Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $479.99
Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $479.99
Video Cards EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI) $1039.99 Best 4K GPU
EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI) $1039.99
EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (3-Way SLI) $1039.99
Case Silverstone Raven ATX Full Tower Case $242.68
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA T2 1600W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $387.99
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (32/64-bit) $170.99
Monitors Dell UP2414Q 60Hz 23.8" Monitor $644.29 1ms GTG / 4K Resolution
Dell UP2414Q 60Hz 23.8" Monitor $644.29
Dell UP2414Q 60Hz 23.8" Monitor $644.29
Case Fans NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3 90.0 CFM 140mm Fan $26.95
NoiseBlocker NB-BlackSilentPro PK-3 90.0 CFM 140mm Fan $26.95
NoiseBlocker NB-eLoop B12-PS 58.1 CFM 120mm Fan $36.32
Fan Controller NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Fan Controller $27.79
Keyboard Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 Red LED Backlit (Red Cherry MX) Wired Standard Keyboard $149.00
Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse $39.99

Please leave your suggestions below in the comments! :D

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

4 way GTX 980 are better, not a good monitor for gaming, response time 8ms, 60hz. Ivy-Bridge E, new: Haswell E (X99)

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you for your comment!

I will look into the X99 chipset.

Which monitor might you suggest? :)

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

It will be hard to maintain a good fps so this would be better : http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370

144 hz, good response time, 1440p, G-Sync.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good! :)

Thanks for your feedback!

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

Why did u choose GTX Titan when AMD Radeon R9 290x2 is a lot better performance imo

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

With a 3x 4K monitor setup the Titan Z would perform better than the R9, whereas with a 3x 1080p monitor setup the R9 would perform better.

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

I have never seen anyone with a 3 x 4k monitor setup so I haven't tested that myself. But thanks

• 62 months ago
  • 2 points

As I mentioned in the description, this is a theoretical build :)

Thank you for your feedback! :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

G- sync ftw. No stutters or tearing. Also no ghosting witch freesync is bad about. G-sync is quality. Lots of work went into it to make it perfect. Freesync was quickly thrown together to compete with nvidia.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Super helpful! Thanks! :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Have u looked at the intel core i7 4790k it's a quad core with hyper thread 4.0 ghz

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

I will look into finding how much the 5960X can be overclocked and I will update the topic :)

Thanks for your comment! :D

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Please explain to me the logic behind four $1800 SSDs. You could get only one of that and, oh I don't know, three-way a Titan X and watercool it.

Also why the horrendously overpriced RAM?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

:3

SSD

The Intel DC S3710 is the fastest and most reliable model SSD that I found in my research. Although it's made for servers, I see no reason why a gaming build couldn't make use of it (if price is not an issue) :P I will however consider reducing the amount of SSDs if the storage capacity is in excess of what a gaming computer may need.

GPU

I read that multi-gpu setups start producing noticeable issues like micro stuttering etc, but I have not tested this. Do you have any idea if with three 4K monitors high frame rates (i.e. 50-60fps) would be achievable on a three-way SLI of this specific GPU?

RAM

I looked for some better RAM after you mentioned it :) I looked for a mix of really fast DDR4 RAM with latency as low as possible. So I found that this Kingston ram was somewhere in the middle of the DDR4 RAM with the highest clock speeds, and the DDR4 RAM with the lowest latencies. Yes this pack for 64GB is expensive. But like I mention, money is not an issue in this theoretical build.

I would highly appreciate any and all further recommendations from you to help improve this build :) Thanks! :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Micro-stuttering is a thing of the past. V-Sync tearing is a thing, but that can be covered with G-Sync. At this price range, there is no need to waste money on so many SSDs (especially since this is a gaming rig) as it's too much storage and games/OS can never even make use of half that speed. Samsung 850 Evos are more than enough.

Money isn't an issue, but that doesn't mean that it should be spent stupidly.

Don't take this rant too seriously. We don't really take this too seriously anyway ;)

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow I didn't know about that with the graphics :o

I have updated the SSDs to Samsung 850 Pro Series 1TB :D

I agree with you on the money thing, but this is theoretical so I could just as easily remove the prices from my chart in the topic just to focus more on the parts' pro's and con's and on the build as a whole :P

Don't worry about me taking it serious :P I appreciate all the help that you are providing :D

Thanks again :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

4K Gaming! :D Keep those suggestions coming in!

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

how about EVGA 1600 watt Titanium psu?

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, added! :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

You should rename this 'The 0.1%' because that's how many people who come to this site can afford a machine this beastly. I'd like to see a build like this but 4K gaming on a budget. It would be nice to see how much it would cost the average joe to achieve a full set up for 4K gaming without being ridiculously overkill. Still nice a interesting post though.

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

Haha very true xD

I will attempt an article for a budget 4K gaming build just out of curiosity :)

Thank you for your kind feedback :D

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

In no way am I dissing this post though. It just upsets me I'll only be able to afford this rig in about 10 years haha.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha don't worry I feel the same way :3

Feel free to check out my new topic "[2015] Budget 4K Gaming Rig" which I made based on your comment :D

Thanks again! :D

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

See you there!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube