add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

NEED HELP FINDING MY NEW MOBO!

Makki10
  • 66 months ago

So yeah i am a gamer, i play games like CS GO, BF4, LoL etc.

What mobo would you recommend? Is the VII Hero worth it?

ASUS Z97-PRO ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO or ASUS Z97-A.

I am also open for GIGABYTE motherboards if they are better.

Please respond :D

Comments

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

All three would be similar in terms of gaming performance - the difference would be what additional features would you like outside of gaming?

In paper the ROG series is better because of more features than the other boards have. It all boils down to you other components (CPU, GPU, etc.) and budget. If going on a strict budget then I would prefer the Pro Wifi version since I don't have to buy a separate wifi card or USB. If you prefer the gaming features of ROG series then go for the HERO.

Overclocking is not an issue since all three can support it, although the PRO and HERO would be more stable due to more power phases.

If you wanted to compare more then refer to this: http://www.asus.com/us/site/motherboards/Z97/comparison/

I haven't tried Gigabyte but so far I've been hearing good reviews, I just personally prefer ASUS because of more fan headers.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks I think i will buy the hero, but would you go for a ASUS Strix GTX 970 or the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1? I aam an ASUS fan, but the Gigabyte have better performance.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Gigabyte for overclocking and better temps, and ASUS or MSI for lower noise.

• 66 months ago
  • 1 point

Let me put it according to brand:

Gigabyte G1 - great performance and lower temps, but noisier

MSI Gaming AC - great overclocking and more quiet, but higher temps

ASUS Strix - quiet and low temps, but lower overclocking due to single power connector

If you plan to go for the HERO, might as well choose MSI to go with the color scheme. And seeing that budget won't probably be a problem for you, the upcoming ASUS Poseidon GTX 980 is something to drool at for single card performance - otherwise go for two MSI 970s in SLI..

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube